Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mommy's Little Explorer

Dear Isabella,

It's been such a long while since I last wrote you a letter. Things have been hectic and busy with the school year being underway again. But since you are quietly napping comfortably in your pack n' play, I can have a few moments to write you a letter.

I am so exciting to watch all the things you are doing these days. You always amaze me. As I watch you grow, change, mature, and develop, my heart can barely contain all the emotions I have for you. When I see the love you already have for your Daddy and for me, it truly melts my heart. You are such a Daddy's girl and although a small part of me misses the way you always wanted and needed me, I love to watch you play with Daddy, chase him around, and call out his name when you aren't sure where he went. Your face just lights up when he enters the room or comes home from work. You love Daddy so much that you basically kick me out of the house every morning when I'm getting ready for work. As soon as you are in Daddy's arms and Mommy dares to kiss him or you goodbye, you push me away and wave bye-bye to me! How dare I get in the way of your time with Daddy...too cute! I love things like that!

You still cuddle and snuggle with me. That is something I am so grateful for. You don't want to snuggle and cuddle as much, since you're always on the go. But those times when you do want to snuggle and cuddle, like every morning when Mommy is catching up with friends online and you want to catch up with sitting in Mommy's arms...that's a moment I enjoy. I love rocking you to sleep every night. Yes, I know, you really ought to be putting yourself to sleep once I lay you down in your crib, but I wouldn't give up my bedtime nursing and rocking you to sleep for anything! It's just part of the bedtime routine we've established with you. 

Now, let's talk about this exploring business. I know you're off and running everywhere, but you need to start listening when we say " no" or even gently smack your hands after saying "no" more than twice. There are certain things that are almost like magnets. I think you must have a magnet in your body that attracts you to the printer, the telephone, the stairs, the dog's food, and anything in the kitchen. I know you like to explore, but you really can't be exploring the things that we've asked you to leave alone. It's just not nice. It's cute to watch you as you explore every nook and cranny of our house. 

Back to how Mommy feels about you. I am just so much in love with you. I used to wonder how anyone could say that they love their child more than they have ever loved anyone ever before. I love my Mom, I love your Daddy. I love your Poppy. They are so very important and special to me. I love them dearly. But you, you take a special place in my heart. I know you would have a special place in my heart, no matter how I came to have you and know you. But I waited so long for you that you are beyond special and beyond wanted. You are so loved that my brain can't even find the words to write that would express the amount of love in my heart for you. I waited so long for you to join my life and reshape my world. Now that you are here and have blessed me with your beauty and love, my life has never been the same. For over a year now, my heart has been overwhelmed with such love. 

I think you are waking up from your long, late afternoon nap. So for now, I'll wrap up this letter. Just remember that Mommy loves you beyond words. You are a blessing to all who know you. And for those who know the experiences I went through to be your Mommy, you are a blessing and very loved. 

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought about my letters!