Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Mother's Wish

Dear Isabella,

Time is coming closer to when we finally get to meet each other face to face. This is the day I have prayed for, dreamed of, wished for for three long years. There are no words to describe the emotions I have right now, as I wait in anticipation to hold you in my arms at last. I am nervous about so many things and yet the single thought of hearing your cries and coos and seeing your beautiful face makes all my fears seem to melt away. 

In less than three days, Izzy, I can finally see your perfect little fingers and toes. I can watch you sleep and know that you are a gift to your daddy and me. I can make you smile, hear your cries, and know that God has blessed me richly with your little life. In less than three days, God's plans for me as a mother will begin with you. 

My wish for you as I wait in anticipation is that you would know how much I have waited for you, prayed for you, and dreamed of you. My wish is that you would always know the love that surrounds you from your dad, me, and all of our family and friends. You have been wanted and prayed over by more people than you will ever know. My wish is that you would know how blessed we are to have you in our lives. We have been blessed throughout the past three years, with waiting to conceive you and then with waiting these past nine months to finally meet you. We are so blessed by you. My wish is that you will grow up to know that we are very much wanted and loved. There isn't a single ounce of my heart than doesn't well up with emotion when I think of all the adventures that await us as you grow older. My wish for you is that you always know you are special. God created you with nobody else in mind. You are made for a purpose and that is to serve Him. You are a gift from Him and we are blessed by that gift.

Oh, Isabella, soon I will hold you in my arms. Soon I can kiss your sweet cheeks and touch your soft baby skin. Soon, I can hold you in my arms, rock you to sleep, and sing you lullabies. Until then, my sweet child, I will be waiting in anticipation.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought about my letters!