Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Approaching Seven Months

My Dearest Isabella, 


You are quickly approaching seven months. So much has changed and continues to change every single day. I'm just in awe of how God has created such a beautiful child and allowed me to raise her (you). I'm certainly blessed richly because I have you as a part of my life. I watch all the new things that you do, like play with my hair, reach for your Daddy to pick you up, giggle for minutes at a time, and stalk the dog. I am just amazed with all the changes that happen daily. My love for you grows stronger every single day. I never knew I could open my heart to love someone so deeply, so richly, and so unconditionally. You cry yet I never get mad at you for it. You get mad at something we do yet we just let you get mad and try to soothe you. 

Right now, you are fast asleep in your swing. You had your six month shots yesterday (yes, Daddy and I are a few weeks behind with your well baby checkups, but because of the shots, we can't make them an earlier than they end up being). You've been so sleepy from your shots. But I could watch you sleep all night. I love the peaceful look on your face and the way you can just lay there in the swing and not be disturbed by all the noises around. 

My cuddles and snuggles with you are getting even better than they ever were. I didn't think there could be anything better than holding a newborn. And then you were a month old and I didn't think it could get any better. But very month, all my experiences with you have surpassed any expectations or dreams I had. You are just amazing in every way! 

I can't wait to see what is in store in the months and years down the road. But for right now, I'll just watch you sleep, wonder what you're dreaming about, and love you in every way I know how.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought about my letters!