Friday, June 17, 2011

Closer To Walking

Dear Isabella,

You are growing up so quickly. There are days where I wish I could bottle up the first year and keep you in it forever. But I know I just can't do that. Like all good things (wine, cheese, babies), they get better with age. You are so different than you were a few months ago, but you are so amazing. Everything you do is exciting, adventurous, always changing. I love to watch you explore new things, discover your abilities, and venture into new activities. It's exciting as a mom to watch my baby grow up before my eyes. Every moment I get to spend with you is just amazing. I'm so thankful for the time I get to spend with you, especially now that summer is here. I get to spend every moment possible with you and I'm just thrilled about the chance to watch all the firsts you still have in store.

Speaking of firsts! You are closer and closer every day to walking on your own. You love to walk around the house, but you just can't do it on your own. You wait for Mommy or Daddy to take your hands so you can guide us where you want to go. It is always so exciting to watch where you guide us. It's only a matter of time before you take your first steps on your own. And then we better all watch out! You're going to be trouble on two feet! 

I just look forward to that day and although I want to keep you as my little baby forever, all things grow and change. That's part of what makes life so exciting. I'll be waiting for those changes as you grow!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought about my letters!